A Faery Kiss to Welcome You!

Welcome to Faery Dust...my little blog about all things fairy. Here I will collect fairy folklore, interesting links, and my own ramblings about fairy decks. I am excited about my new series of stories called The Rhiannon Academy of Fairies, which is free on my author blog. I hope you will check them out. So enter my Fairy-realm, relax a bit and sip some Fairy Tea, and may all your dreams and wishes come true!



Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fairy Tidbits

Faery is the world in which fairies reside. Often people say the word means "magic" because to us mortals.....faery seems magical and like a fantasy world. But to fairies it seems natural and orderly with everything happening for a reason. The reasons are just not ones that we typically encounter.

Fairies exist all over the world. In Spain fairies are called hada while in Ireland they are referred to as sidhe. In Greece they are heralded as Fata or Destinees. The Arabian Jinns can shift forms while the Asrai are water fairies that melt when sunlight touches them. Some, such as the Celtic Afanc are quite sinister. This fairy dwells at the bottom of deep lakes and is rumored to pull people into the depths of the lake. Beware of the Willow Fairy as it's vibrating light will lure you into the swamp grass and cause you to lose your way. Fire fairies as their name implies have the ability to create or destroy just as fire does. Rainbow Fairies paint the colors of the rainbow making sure that the ends do not touch the earth.

Fairies love to sip the nectar from flowers but also enjoy good meats, fine wines, and the best potatoes produced. Thus fairies love a feast but never over indulge. Mortals would serve well to carry a small amount of salt with them for if they chance upon a fairy they will be assured a good meal and good stories to tell upon their return. For mortals should not eat unsalted fairy food as it will take away their cares and lure them into pining for the fairy world upon their return to the mortal realm.

2 comments:

DW Golden said...

Thank you so much for all these wonderful stories. I didn't realize that there were so many different fairies all over the world. I'll definately use some of this information in future stories

DW Golden
Fairy Flights of Fantasy in Purple Butterflies

gardenchick said...

I found your site on my "google alert" for fairy gardens. I too am a grandmother, two granddaughters age 5 and 3. I developed a number of fairy products which you can see on my website www.gardenchick.com they are under the Mackenzies Garden products. I hope to write a small e book in the future on fairies, and hope I can get back with you for a post.
Thank you
Karen
www.gardenchick.com