A Faery Kiss to Welcome You!

Welcome to Faery Dust...my little blog about all things fairy. Here I will collect fairy folklore, interesting links, and my own ramblings about fairy decks. I am excited about my new series of stories called The Rhiannon Academy of Fairies, which is free on my author blog. I hope you will check them out. So enter my Fairy-realm, relax a bit and sip some Fairy Tea, and may all your dreams and wishes come true!



Sunday, May 4, 2008

Working on the Fairy Gardens

Today is shaping up to be a beautiful day outside. I am working on my Fairy Garden that is in the front of the house along our walkway. I took apart an old garden barrel that was falling apart and used the two rings from the barrel to create two round fairy gardens among the day lilies and hostas. They are only partially finished but if I get a minute I'll snap some pictures to post for you. The two rings sort of highlight the fairy section and yet blend in nicely. Otherwise I was afraid the tiny stuff would get lost among the larger plants. One of the rings has the little stone water fountain, another piece of decor picked up at the dollar store, a stone fairy, a wooden walkway and two pretty flat stones...The other ring has just a little house in it right now.

I am really itching to actually plant a few flowers in the rings but here in Missouri people warn against planting before Mother's Day so I will have to wait until next weekend!! I am thinking about a couple ferns and some flowering moss. Well back to work...I just came in to put on a load of laundry...then I have a bit of a mess on the walkway to clean up!!!

No comments: