A Faery Kiss to Welcome You!

Welcome to Faery Dust...my little blog about all things fairy. Here I will collect fairy folklore, interesting links, and my own ramblings about fairy decks. I am excited about my new series of stories called The Rhiannon Academy of Fairies, which is free on my author blog. I hope you will check them out. So enter my Fairy-realm, relax a bit and sip some Fairy Tea, and may all your dreams and wishes come true!



Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Faery Cards

Here is something interesting or at least mildly interesting to me...the faery cards. I had been getting really seriously about my study of the archtypes and history behind the images on the faery cards. I had been dialoguing with people about them, writing about them, etc. And I started feeling totally stressed and I was wondering about it.

Then suddenly it came to me (a message from the faeries so to speak). Trust your intuition. One of the main idea in the Faeries Oracle is that the cards are meant to tap your own inner self, intuition, etc So it doesn't matter as much about the history of a card, or what the book says about a particular card, etc...what matters is MY THOUGHTS about the card..what it says to me...that is the beauty of the whole process.

So for the last couple of days I have thought about things from my own intuition and while I might read the book's intrepretations I have stopped relying on it as the expert and started relying on myself....and guess what? The lighthearted mood and positive vibes that I first got when I started using the cards has returned!!

1 comment:

SeaRune said...

I'm so glad to hear! The book with their interpretations are merely a guide. It doesn't mean we can open up to what your own might be. :D I'm trying to find a decent fairy deck myself.